‘I Had No Political Godfather, My Success Was Earned Through Hard Work’ – Speaker Abbas

I

Ikenna Ngere

Why I Public Schools Are In Shambles - Speakers Abbas

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Tajudeen Abbas, has clarified that his rise in Nigerian politics was achieved independently, without the backing of any political godfather.​

During an interactive session with a group of public secondary school students, Abbas shared insights into his early struggles and personal growth.

He emphasized that his political journey was self-made, dismissing any notion that his success was influenced by external sponsorship or support.

Abbas recounted his experiences growing up, highlighting how he was able to build his first house at the young age of 19 through hard work.

He stated, “By the time I reached the age of 19, I was already a homeowner.

“A homeowner at 19, I built my own house based on my sweat. I never needed one single contribution from any member of my family.”

He went on to explain that even during his time at university, he relied solely on his own resources and determination, without asking his parents for assistance.

By the time I finished secondary school, something very very dramatic happened. I went to my father and told him that I had come to say bye-bye to him and that I was going to the National Youth Service.

“He was lying down, he stood up and looked at me and said, Abbas when did you go to the university, when did you go to the university?

“I said, Baba, I’ve been studying all these years; he never knew. Because he never sees me coming to ask him, ‘Give me school fees,’ give me money for books, give me this, give me that.

“That is the kind of environment I grew up, believing that I can do it for myself
,” Abbas stated.

Reflecting on his entry into politics, Abbas asserted that he was one of the few politicians in Nigeria who had no godfather to support or sponsor his career.

And even when I ventured into politics, I’m probably one of the few you find in this country who does not have a godfather in politics.

“Nobody ever supported me or sponsored me, nobody; I didn’t hide under anybody’s umbrella to be elected or to be re-elected.

“I believe in myself and serve my people diligently. They appreciated and they kept re-electing me
,” he said.

Encouraging the students, Abbas urged them to believe in their abilities, work hard, and remain honest.

He also cautioned against depending too heavily on their families, urging them to take responsibility for their own futures.

Believe in yourself, be very hardworking, be very prayerful, be very honest, be very transparent,” Abbas concluded.

The post ‘I Had No Political Godfather, My Success Was Earned Through Hard Work’ – Speaker Abbas appeared first on Naija News.

Back