How I Was Scammed By A Fake Military Man – Adeboye

J

Justina Otio

Pastor-Adeboye-1024x576-1-300x169.webp

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has disclosed how he was duped by a fake commandant.​

The revered clergyman shared the personal story to dissuade Nigerians from making decisions that might lead them astray.

He recounted how a man, pretending to represent a paramilitary group, approached him with a proposal to become their spiritual leader.

Adeboye explained that his love for the military made him not to seek guidance from God on the matter and led him to agree to the role without proper discernment.

Speaking via a recent post, the general overseer said the imposter requested funding, which he provided, only to discover later that the man was a fake.

He emphasized that God makes everything beautiful in his own time and that the pursuit of worldly gains often causes people to miss out on far greater blessings.

It is not wrong to want to achieve something great or pursue a good cause, but if you try to outrun God, you may never achieve that goal. Worse still, you might lose something very precious in the process,” Adeboye stated.

Recalling the incident, he wrote, “Years ago, I was duped by a man who promised to make me a commandant of a paramilitary group. This man had been contacting me through my secretary for a while, and one day I agreed to meet him. He told me how a Boy Scouts-like group had evolved into a new agency and that he was seeking someone to lead them spiritually.”

Adeboye admitted that he usually sought divine guidance before getting involved in any venture, but this time, he was led astray by his passion.

He agreed to take up the role without consulting God.

“I lost money in that experience, but it could have been much worse. God knew my heart’s desire, and He had already planned for Redemption City to have its own corps of chaplains and a local police post. I thought I could bring my desire to pass on my own, but I was wrong,” Adeboye confessed.

He advised people to trust in God’s timing, reminding them that God delights in their prosperity.

It’s not wrong to desire wealth or success, but let it come in God’s time. Don’t try to run ahead of Him,” Adeboye said.

The post How I Was Scammed By A Fake Military Man – Adeboye appeared first on Naija News.

Back